The Guest Choirs Concert Series features hundreds of performers each year in top-level high school, college, church, cathedral and professional choirs from around the world. If your choir would like to perform on this concert series, your ensemble’s director may apply to reserve a date and time.
Prospective applicants must apply at least three months in advance. Applications may take up to five weeks to process.
Answers to frequently asked questions:
- we accept applications through next calendar year only
- only choral ensembles of 16 singers or more are eligible
- only the conductor of the ensemble may apply
- tour coordinators, travel agents, administrative assistants, or other intermediaries, may not apply on behalf of the conductor
- we cannot accommodate bands, orchestras, or chamber ensembles
- applications for a performance are processed on a first-completed, first-considered basis
- Choral concerts take place weekdays (except for Thursdays) from 4:00PM-5:00PM (16:00-17:00), subject to availability
- choral concerts cannot take place on weekends, during the Christmas holiday, Holy Week, or on Holy Days
- guest choirs may not perform during a Mass
- the Cathedral does not offer any stipend or financial assistance to guest performing groups
- keyboards, bands, drums or orchestras are not permitted
- there is no piano in the sanctuary, and only experienced organists may use the organ to accompany
- the concert program must be appropriate for a sacred space and for the liturgical season (e.g. no Broadway tunes, pop songs, love songs, etc. "Alleluia" and "Gloria" are not permitted to be sung during Lent)
- on the day of the performance, your group must arrive by 3:45PM (15:45) ready to perform (no space to warm up or change attire)
For information on the application process:
- If you are a tour coordinator or other intermediary: Only the ensemble’s main conductor may apply. Tour coordinators, travel agents, agent representatives, choir secretaries, assistant choir directors or administrative assistants are not eligible to apply on behalf of the conductor.
- Conductors who do not understand English must seek translation help from a qualified interpreter on their end in order to fulfill the application process themselves.
- Applications submitted by anyone other than the conductor will be automatically dismissed.